Monday 18 February 2013

1000 Opinions, 1 Family

Do you ever feel like everyone and anyone has an opinion on your family? The way you do things, your children and the way you are raising them. Our boys have been monkeys lately, mostly when daddy is around and I'm not sure if this is because they want his attention, know they can push his buttons or they know they can get away with more with him. But either way it is causing some issues in our household at the moment meaning more time in time out and more toys than ever being taken away (basically taking them away for bad behaviour and them being earned back with good behaviour).

I feel as parents we are doing everything we can to improve said behaviour and I am putting everything I have into being a mum, I always do. Yet I feel like a failure lately. Everyone has an opinion on what I am doing wrong it seems and they feel the need to tell me. Each time someone comes out with another criticism, another thing I 'should' be doing but I'm not I honestly feel like screaming at them to butt out and let me get on with it. Not because I'm ungrateful because some advice I genuinely appreciate but it's just that, advice not criticism.

A few mentions of something I am doing right also wouldn't go amiss? Surely there must be a few if not at least one thing I am succeeding at with my children because in all honesty (and not in a big headed way) I think I am doing a pretty damn good job considering I have three children aged 3 and under!!!

We are parents are conscious that all three children need their one on one time with each parent and make sure we allow time for this even if it is just a game or one of them helping one of us with a household chore. Either way they have our attention and sole conversation and interest. And I must admit I am also sick of people saying how badly behaved my boys are when they have a tantrum etc. They are children, children have tantrums it's part of them growing up and my children say please, thank you, excuse me and generally are very well behaved.

Apologies for the moaning post but I am just fed up with being told all the negatives in my parenting and none of the positives. When as a parent you worry so much about getting it right anyway to be told you are getting it wrong is upsetting and quite frankly annoying!!!!

But no matter what I will always love my beautiful, smart, funny and amazing children! They are my life and my everything <3

2 comments:

  1. I think every mom has had to deal with the advice of family who have good intentions but don't really need to add their two sense...it must be a crazy household with three boys...my sister has two and sometimes things get chaotic, most times actually! You know you're doing the best you can, and that's all that matters :)) New follower from the Monday Mingle! Hope to see you stop over to High heeled Mama sometime soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi :) found your site while blog hopping :) Followed you ;) hope you will follow me back.

    I agree with you! It is irritating how other people comment on how perfect their kids are and how are parenting is not the right one (yet you see them spoiling their own kids!). Well, just let everything you hear go out the other ear :) There's no use arguing with them or insisting about your side. I learned to do that :) That way, you save yourself some heartache :)

    Don't worry. I bet you are doing fine as a parent :) Don't let haters put you down :)

    joy
    http://chemist2writer.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete