Friday 28 September 2012

Yummy Mummy Goodness

Well since its almost October and the weather seems to have become colder, I decided some delicious homemade soup was in order. Leek and potato soup, so yummy and so easy to make!
 
First of all I gathered all my ingredients-leeks, potatos, large onion, 1.2ltr vegtable stock, salt, pepper and fat free fromage frais.

 
Then I chopped my onion and put it in a saucepan for about 5minutes with roughly 150ml of the vegtable stock.

 
Whilst that is in the saucepan for five minutes, I chop my potatos and leeks. Personally I leave mine quite chunky as I will blend at the end anyway! (Being a mummy is a busy job-save time where you can)

 
I add it all to the saucepan along with seasoning and the rest of the stock, bring to the boil and then leave to simmer for 25minutes.
 
 
Now I am a fan of not wasting anything so I am lucky that my wonderful husband also has a compost heap and uses all my peelings etc.
 
 
Now it doesnt look fantastic after its 25minutes simmering but have faith!
 
 
Next I get my hand blender and blend the contents of the saucepan.
 
 
Then slowly stir in about 150g of fat free fromage frias and then heat slowly and serve!
 
 
 
It was smelling so lovely my husband and I both had a bowl full with 2 slices of brown bread! Yum yum, the rest I put in a container in the fridge to be used up for  lunches etc!
 
A true winter warmer and so healthy and quick! I am very impressed I managed to take so many pictures with two little men 'helping me' and putting one to bed in the middle of my making! And I wouldnt change a moment of it, a hectic, fun, love filled life :-)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment